The Acacia Hotel & Spa, Goa
At The Acacia Hotel & Spa, Goa our effort is to provide our guests Limitless Hospitality at our hotel in India. We value our guests’ patronage and faith in us as we try and live up to their expectations and strive to remain amongst the top Indian hotels for business and leisure travel.
We request our guests to read this policy document carefully before sharing their personal information with us. By visiting our web site, the guests accept the practices described in this policy document.
Personal information collected by The Acacia Hotel & Spa, Goa
We may collect the following personal information: Guest name and contact information; date of birth; how they prefer to be addressed in communication from us, preferred modes of communication; job designation and business address; spouse name, anniversary, credit card details, including the three-digit code that appears on the back of credit card, dates of arrival and departure from our hotels / restaurants / other outlets, guests preferences when they stay or dine at The Hotel, transaction history at The Hotel; offers guests may have availed of from third party marketers in response to communication from The Hotel. We may also record details on guests who have stayed or dined with other guests at The Hotel, including their names and contact details.
Besides the above, we may also collect the following:
· If you choose to reserve a room online we record your arrival and departure dates, number of guests in the group, details of guest rooms and tariff details.
· When you make a request for a proposal from our meeting planners, by visiting our websites.
· When you contact us with your questions or comments.
We do not knowingly collect personal information from individuals under 18 years of age. As a parent or legal guardian, please do not to allow children to submit personal information without prior permission. We do not knowingly collect information related to your racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or other beliefs, health, criminal background or political affiliations, unless it is volunteered by guests themselves. We may use any health-related information provided by guests only to serve them better and meet their specific needs when they stay or dine at The Acacia Hotel & Spa, Goa.
How does The Acacia Hotel & Spa, Goa use the personal information collected from its guests
We use guests’ personal information to provide them with the services requested from The Acacia Hotel & Spa, Goa, to help them make room reservations, to provide them with information about conferences and events at The Acacia Hotel & Spa, Goa, to send them promotional material on our services by email, direct mail and phone, to conduct surveys from time to time, to make offers sourced from third parties, as per guests’ stated preferences or usage pattern exhibited at The Acacia Hotel & Spa, Goa
How does The Acacia Hotel & Spa, Goa share the personal information collected from its guests, including with third parties
• With third parties:
o We may use the services of third party service providers to provide certain products and services like credit card billing, reservations services, call centre services, mass mailings, for which it is necessary to provide personal information. These parties are contractually prohibited from using the personal information for any purpose other than those specified by The Acacia Hotel & Spa, Goa. We may provide information that is non-personal, to certain service providers for their use on an aggregated basis for the purpose of performing their contractual obligations to us. The Acacia Hotel & Spa, Goa expressly prohibits the sale or transfer of any information to any party outside of The Acacia Hotel & Spa, Goa by such service providers.
o From time to time The Acacia Hotel & Spa, Goa may partner with other companies to provide co-sponsored or co-branded promotions, products and services and may share guest information with our co-sponsor. For example, we may co-sponsor some sweepstakes, prize draws, competitions or contests on our site with other companies or we may provide prizes for sweepstakes and contests sponsored by other companies. If guest enter one of these sweepstakes or contests, we share this information with our co-sponsor or the third party sponsor.
• In the event of a merger, consolidation, sale, liquidation or transfer of assets, The Acacia Hotel & Spa, Goa in its sole and absolute discretion may transfer, sell or assign information collected, including without limitation, non-personal information and personal information, to one or more affiliated or unaffiliated third parties.
• The Acacia Hotel & Spa, Goa with or without prior notice to its guests, may have to share some guest information in order to comply with applicable laws or respond to governmental inquiries or requests from public authorities or to comply with valid legal process, to protect the rights, privacy, safety or property of The Acacia Hotel & Spa, Goa, its guests, employees or the public or to permit us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain or to respond to an emergency.
Non-personal or anonymous information collected by The Acacia Hotel & Spa, Goa
Information that does not personally identify a guest is referred to as non-personal or anonymous information. When guest visit and interact with the sites theacaciahotels.com or third parties with whom The Acacia Hotel & Spa, Goa has contracted to provide services, non-personal information, like, list of website pages visited by guest, could be collected. Technology like cookies could be used to help deliver content as per guest preference, to help guest process their reservations or other requests. While this cannot be used to disclose their identity, this information will identify the browser used by guest to our servers when they visit our site. To remove the cookies at any point from a computer, guests can delete them using their browser.
We also may collect data by using web beacons, clear GIFS, pixel tags or similar means, which will tell us when guests visit our site. Non-personal information like the domain name, the areas of the site guest visit, their operating system, browser version, and the URL they visited from, can be identified, which can be used to enhance their online experience by understanding their web usage patters.
From time to time, we may allow third party advertisers to advertise on our websites. These third party advertisers may use technologies like cookies, pixel tags to track which ads the browser used by guest has seen and which site pages they may have visited. The Acacia Hotel & Spa, Goa has no control over the use of this technology or the resulting information and is not responsible for any actions or policies of such third parties.
We may use or disclose non-personal information for any purpose from time to time. For instance, we may embed e-mail addresses with images. In such cases where we combine non-personal information with personal information, the combined information will be treated by us as personal information per this policy.
Links to websites of third party marketers
The Acacia Hotel & Spa, Goa has a strict policy regarding the protection of its guests’ personal information
The Acacia Hotel & Spa, Goa will take the necessary measures to:
· Protect guests’ personal information collected against unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration or destruction.
· Keep the guests’ personal information up-to-date, consistent with applicable law.
· When guests transact online, we seek to protect their personal information that they provide. However, do note that no security system or system of transmitting data over the Internet can be guaranteed to be entirely secure.
· Ensure that our affiliates and service providers take reasonable measures to maintain the confidentiality of personal information about guest.
How long does The Acacia Hotel & Spa, Goa retain your personal information
The Acacia Hotel & Spa, Goa will retain guests’ personal information for the period necessary to fulfil the purposes outlined in this policy document, unless a longer retention period is required or permitted/mandated by applicable law.
To ensure your security
· For your own privacy we advise guests not to include sensitive personal information in any emails they may send to us. Please do not send credit card numbers or any sensitive personal information to us via email.
· We do not knowingly collect personal information from individuals under 18 years of age. As a parent or legal guardian, please do not to allow children to submit personal information without prior permission.